CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

good times!

Well we are back from Chicago! It was a blast. I have pictures but have not uploaded them to my computer yet. Anyways, it was so fun. Jonas was in a conference the whole time we were there except for at night, so during the daytime I (by myself) took the girls on the subway and bus downtown and went to the ZOO where Baili told me she was observing the Gorillas, she is pretty funny these days. We also saw 2 Giraffes which just so happen to be my favorite animal. The are incredible! We went to a play of Sleeping Beauty. Baili and Kristen both sat through it all and loved it, it was kind of changed to more of a modern day sleeping beauty. The evil fairy was a rapper, it was a blast. The we took another day and went to the navy pier. Not a whole lot was open there with it still being winter and all, but we did get to see some Irish little people puppet things. I don't know what you would call them, but I will post a picture so you can see, they danced and sang songs for the girls. Then we went to an evening if Medieval Times JOnas was able to come with us to this. That was one of the best things I have been to it was so great. There was jousting and sword fighting and we ate a feast on stone plates with our fingers, and there were horses doing incredible things like jumping up in the air off of all four legs and then kicking and doing salsa like dance moves.
I could go on and on. I will post pictures and tell more later.

6 comments:

Shaina said...

Wow Bex! I am impressed that you would go on the subway and the bus in a new big city! I've never done it in a city I live in! Good for you! Sounds like you really did some fun things!

Sharon said...

oh it sounds like you had a tom of fun!the rapper sleeping beauty sounds like it would have been fun to go to.

Autumn said...

Welcome home! That's great you had a blast in Chicago. I like that you were adventorous enough to go about alone with two little girls. I look forward to seeing yourpictures. :)

Shavonne said...

You were so brave! Remember when you didn't want to go on the bus by yourself here in Spokane when you first moved here? That's was funny, I had to go with to show you the first time. You've come a long way, baby!

The Girls' Mom said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Unknown said...

That sounds likr such a fun trip!